EFTTEX Awards: PENN targets double with Authority
It has already won an award at the world’s largest fishing tackle trade show in the USA – now it’s the turn of the European market to check it out.
The PENN Authority was voted best saltwater reel at ICAST earlier this year with visitors admiring its ‘best-in-class’ smoothness and sealing and the fact that there is a size and gear ratio for every fishing scenario.
Using CNC Gear technology, the precision-cut stainless steel gear train paired with the Dura-Drag system gives anglers the power to tame anything from the depths.
The IPX8 sealed body and spool are described as ‘top of the line’, ensuring no water will reach the internal workings even when submerged.
Stand-out features include:
- Submersible IPX8 sealed body and spool design
- Full metal body, sideplate and rotor
- CNC gear technology with stainless steel main and pinion gears
- Sealed Slammer drag system with Dura-Drag
- 12+1 stainless steel bearing system
- Leveline Slow Oscillation System
- Spare Hypalon handle knob