Angling Direct, one of Europe’s fastest growing fishing tackle retailers, is looking for a Warehouse Operations Manager for its facility in Holland.
The company says: “Customers are at the heart of everything we do. They ultimately fuel our business so we must always have them in mind to better understand how to evolve. Therefore, to achieve our ambition of inspiring everyone to get outdoors and enjoy an exceptional fishing experience, we are committing to be Europe’s first choice omni-channel fishing tackle destination, for all anglers regardless of experience or ability. To support this next level of growth we have created an exciting new vacancy to manage a European distribution centre.”
Job responsibilities include:
• Control of operational information, making recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality and customer service standards; resolve problems; complete audits; identify trends.
• Forecast requirements; input into the annual budget; schedule expenditures; analyse variances; initiating corrective actions.
• Develop operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements; develop, implement, enforce and evaluate policies and procedures; develop processes for receiving product, equipment utilisation, inventory management and shipping.
• Analyse process workflow, employee and space requirements and equipment layout; implement changes as necessary.
• Maintain safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
• Meet or exceed operations wage budget expectations.
• Manage staff levels, wages, hours, contract labour to revenues.
• Establish contracts and pricing and ensuring proper maintenance and serving as primary liaison with utilities and local government agencies, such as fire, police, health and safety agencies.
• Manage relationships with key operations vendors and track vendor pricing, rebates and service levels.
• Review and approve all operational invoices and ensure they are submitted for payment.
• Work closely with the UK management team to set and/or implement policies, procedures and systems and to follow through with implementation.
• Work closely with the category team to perform analysis of inventory and ensure inventory is utilised effectively, purchasing the right equipment, maintaining solid inventory data.
• Maintain receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing programme, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
• Comply with warehousing, material handling and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
• Safeguarding warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
• Controlling inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
• Maintaining physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts when needed; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
• Interviewing, selection and hiring; training new and existing employees; planning, assigning and directing work; authoring and discussing with performance appraisals; addressing employee performance and corrective action plans.
Required qualifications and experience:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Numeracy and an understanding of finance for stock management.
• People management skills, including the ability to inspire, lead and motivate a team of people, delegate work and explain ideas.
• Teamworking skills.
• Planning and organising skills to effectively manage the flow of stock.
• Analytical ability
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Initiative and decisiveness.
• Technical and IT skills, particularly when it comes to database management and spread sheets.
• Previous experience in a warehouse/logistic environment with commercial responsibility.
• Problem-solving skills and the ability to work on a tactical and strategic level.
• The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• A flexible approach to work as many warehouses operate shift patterns.
• Knowledge of the legal requirements of operating a warehouse.
To apply click here