Angling Direct looking for Category Manager for Europe
Angling Direct plc – the largest fishing tackle retailer in the UK – is looking for a Category Manager for Europe.
The successful applicant will be responsible for leading the development of the European category strategy, identifying and building the key category growth drivers. This will form the fundamental basis of the company’s narrative and building blocks across Europe, informing its European category plans, underpinning the brand and portfolio strategy and driving its customer sell-in plans in market.
You will partner closely with the central/UK brand and category team as well as marketing and finance, to ensure the category strategy informs the choices it makes in Angling Direct’s European category plans and drives the overall category strategy.
This role requires the role holder to have their ‘finger on the pulse’, shaping how best to track and monitor category performance across Europe. Using strong communication and story-telling skills, you will build one narrative around category and the company’s performance within it to deliver ‘one version of the truth’. You’ll elevate consumer, shopper and category understanding across the central/UK marketing team for the European market, by creating a culture of continuous insight and ensuring category insight is at the forefront of new ideas.
Overall, this role grows the category for European customers and strengthens and grows the Angling Direct brand and business by getting everyone fishing.
- Leading and delivering all procurement strategy across Europe within a best-in-class organisation;
- Direct responsibility for managing key supplier relationships;
- Monitoring of contractual deadlines (deliverables, activity reports, participation in financial reports) in close connection with the Commercial Director;
- Management of projects’ progress, commitments and deadlines;
- Organisation of meetings: ensure the organisation, logistics, content development and reporting are all as anticipated;
- Contribution to the implementation of internal and external communication tools (website, dissemination of information, promotion, press relations, etc.).
Required qualifications and experience
- Significant experience in a category strategy or development role at a European or global level, with a strong grasp of the principles of category strategy and how to translate these into actionable commercial opportunities both internally and externally;
- Experience of developing procurement strategies across multiple locations;
- Strong leadership capability and you’ll be a team player who works well with people from a wide range of disciplines and backgrounds;
- Ability to engage with stakeholders of all levels and ambition to grow within the business;
- Experience in leading category management and development initiatives in a global, matrixed organisation;
- Great communication skills, working effectively with key stakeholders and influencing at a senior level;
- You’ll be a brilliant facilitator, highly skilled at bringing people together and fostering collaboration to delivering winning strategies;
- Strong analytical ability, with a talent for connecting different data sources and joining the dots to make simple, logical and compelling narratives;
- You’ll have experience of working with data and using it to understand performance and unlock opportunities;
- A global and future-thinking mindset. International experience is a must;
- Spoken and/or written Dutch or German language essential.
Angling Direct adds: “Customers are at the heart of everything we do. They ultimately fuel our business so we must always have them in mind to better understand how to evolve. Therefore, to achieve our ambition in inspiring everyone to get outdoors and enjoy an exceptional fishing experience, we are committing to be Europe’s first choice omni-channel fishing tackle destination for all anglers regardless of experience or ability. To support this next level of growth we have created an exciting new vacancy for a Category Manager for Europe.”
To apply click here
Leave a Comment