Shimano Europe is looking for an ambitious and talented Marketing Manager who is passionate and knowledgeable about the fishing industry.
The successful applicant will be responsible for increasing the awareness and relevance of the Shimano brands in the European fishing market and increasing consumer engagement which will generate sales.
We are looking for an inspiring, curious, hands-on and team-oriented leader who will take the European marketing team to the next level. Using your marketing expertise, you are able to lead the planning, execution and evaluation of successful integrated marketing activities. That includes making sure any activities align with our brand identity and strategy across all touch points.
In this role you will set the direction for the Shimano brand for multiple European markets, covering brand management, trade marketing, digital marketing and PR and communication.This is a role for someone who is looking for a challenge and is prepared to be hands-on in their approach.
Is this you?
• Formulate European marketing brand guidelines and policies to help guide the marketing activities across the Shimano Europe fishing organisation.
• Create and implement the pan-European marketing plan for all disciplines, with awareness of market sensitivities/fishing preferences according to budgets allocated.
• Manage and guide own team whilst also providing leadership to marketeers across the organisation.
• Commission, champion and use market research, customer insights and competitor analysis to constantly develop marketing plans and adapt to the changing climates.
• Be an active member of the Global Marketing Team, working closely with colleagues in Shimano Japan on aligning marketing and promotions.
• Ensuring well planned and targeted content to current and possible Shimano consumers on digital platforms.
• Be responsible for online and offline promotional marketing tools and materials that drive brand and product awareness.
WHO ARE YOU?
• You have a minimum bachelor level education in marketing or business.
• You have more than eight years of significant, well-rounded marketing experience across digital and offline marketing disciplines.
• Ideally working experience within the fishing industry or a comparable industry, plus a deep understanding of the fishing consumer.
• You are fluent in English, both verbally and written. Additional languages are preferred.
• A confident and clear communicator who can adapt styles across different markets and cultures both internally and with their external target audience;
• Natural leader with experience managing and developing a team and able to lead across the organisation.
• Strong influencing skills, as a convincing storyteller but using analytical skills to substantiate with data and insights.
• You are a good listener and open to other opinions.
WHAT DO WE HAVE TO OFFER?
Shimano offers a pleasant, informal working environment with colleagues who work well together and are proud to work for Shimano. Next to good working conditions, Shimano offers you the opportunity to work in a responsible and challenging position within a dynamic, international and ambitious environment. Together we want to win – therefore we have a strong focus on team achievement.
Eindhoven, the Netherlands, with potential remote working.
Marieke van den Broek, Recruiter
T: +31 6 21 36 75 63